Research shows that links between you and your child’s school improves their enjoyment and chances of doing well. The more you know about what your child is learning, the more you can offer support.
We involve you in your child’s education through:
- Letters to Parents to update you on upcoming news or changes.
- Parent Surveys online and written surveys will be used to gain parents’ views on the school and on specific projects. You can also tell Ofsted what you think, on Parent View.
- Learning reviews and parent evenings are held on a regular basis for you to formally consult with teaching staff about your child’s progress, behaviour and targets for improvement.
- Information Evenings, held throughout the year to discuss any education changes that may affect your child.
- Induction Days and Evenings, which also allow you to meet staff and visit our Academy.
Information evenings are also held for different year groups. These evenings may cover:
- Year 8 GCSE option choices
- Exams and Revision
- Educational Visits
Important Information & Documents:
We will keep you informed about all upcoming events, which you can also find on our events page.
If you would like to volunteer more time with us, you could become a Parent Governor. The Academy’s governing body includes a number of Parent Governors who are there to represent parents and to have a say in the strategic decision-making of the Academy.