We’re proud of our friendly community and hope to welcome you to our Academy. If you would like a personal tour or assistance with your application, please contact the Admissions Officer, on 0121 566 6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In the autumn, the Academy holds open evenings and days for prospective students and parents. We also invite you to come and see the Academy in action at your convenience. If you wish to attend any events or pay us a visit, please contact the admissions officer (see above).
Rockwood is a mixed secondary academy, and students are admitted at the age of 11+ without reference to ability or aptitude. We have 120 places for Year 7 students who will be admitted according to the following criteria:
- First priority goes to children in the council’s care ‘looked-after’ children who will be allocated a place at the nearest community school.
- Second priority is given to children with special educational needs and/or disabilities who will be allocated a place at their nearest community school unless they are given a place in a school with special needs resources that meet their needs.
- Third priority goes to children with siblings already on roll.
- Fourth priority is given to those living closest to the school.
Following the offer of places up to the PAN within each cohort, a waiting list will be kept in a strict oversubscription criteria order until the end of the academic year in which the application was made. Each added child will require the list to be re-ordered based on the oversubscription criteria.
- Looked after child, or previously looked after
- Those with a sibling in the academy
- Those living nearest to the academy calculated by a straight line measurement between the front door of the home to the front gate of the academy. Where applicants on the waiting list meet the final criteria equally and only one place is available a random selection process between them will be used.
How to Apply
You can apply for a place for your child by filling in the Birmingham City Council online school admission form. Once complete, please submit it online or hand in your application to our school reception along with your child’s birth certificate and a recent utility bill as your proof of address.
Please take a look at our Admissions Policy for further information.
For those joining the Academy at any time other than the beginning of Year 7, we will make an appointment for you and your child to visit the Academy and meet our staff.