Please view our latest Academy E-Safety Policy.
Rockwood students regularly use the internet through a range of technologies as part of their learning. The use of these tools in the Academy, has been shown to raise educational standards and is a key part of our students’ everyday lives.
Our young people are entitled to safe internet access at all times, which we promote by:
- protecting the Academy ICT systems and users from accidental or deliberate misuse that could put the security of the systems and users at risk
- focusing on e-safety in all subjects, whenever internet access is used in the Academy
- providing e-safety sessions for students and their parents to help our young people stay safe wherever they are
Social networks, blogs, mobile phones and email are now a big part of our daily lives. They have important benefits, but there are also risks to be considered and evaluated.
Parents may not realise how often young people come across potentially harmful and inappropriate material on the internet. They may be struggling to keep up with the things their children are doing online, wondering whether the latter are safe, or how they can be as good parents online as offline.
Parent Info is a collaboration between The Parent Zone which has been providing information and support to parents for a decade, and CEOP the Child Exploitation and Online Protection command of the National Crime Agency. Here you’ll find a collection of articles, tips, expert advice and resources designed to help parents keep up with what their children are doing on-line.
To help, we recommend viewing these websites:
- Thinkuknow aims to make online parenting simple
- KidSMART helps young people to learn about internet safety.
As part of the Rockwood community, we encourage you to discuss any issues with us, however small. If you still feel unsure about the risks and what to do, please contact Mrs Maes-Prior at the Academy to arrange to attend one of our e-safety sessions for parents and students.