The library provides an important Academy-wide resource for both students and staff. It aims to promote reading for pleasure and improved literacy, as well as supporting the curriculum by providing a range of up-to-date resources.
Under the guidance of our qualified Librarian Mrs C.Cook, students can access the library at:
Morning break: 11.05 – 11.25
Lunch time: 1.25 – 2.15 (with a pass)
After school: 3.15 – 4.15
Pupils are asked to keep in mind some key points of Library usage, so that everyone can enjoy the resources available.
- You may have up to six items at a time. Items are issued for two weeks on your library record.
- Renewals are possible- just ask.
- Books for return can be posted in the returned book box- do not put them straight back on the shelves or give them to your friends.
- There are no fines if your book is late, but reminder letters will be issued.
- Always speak to the librarian if there is a query about your book.
- Accidents happen: always point out damage to the librarian.
- It is possible to reserve a book if someone else has it.
- A note will be sent via your register when a requested book is available for you.